Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Gang's All Here (almost)

Well, Tigger now has several pals to bounce upon. Here is Pooh Bear, Rabbit, Eeyore, Kanga and Roo. Piglet is missing as I forgot to order the pink felt. It is on order and hopefully will be shipped sometime soon. I have been trying to find a pattern for owl but have had no success. Nolan and I will be reading the original Pooh stories next week for school so I may take a look at the illustration for Owl and try to make my own pattern. Rabbit is standing in front of Tigger in the picture but I thought that was appropriate since he was always trying to get rid of Tigger or take the bounce out of him.

I think my favorites here are Kanga and Roo. I love the fact that you can put Roo in Kanga's pocket. Nolan spent a good deal of his Math
time doing just that. The pattern does not include ears for Roo (he's really small). Nolan didn't like the fact that Roo couldn't hear so I added some ears to him this evening. It really made him look much more adorable.

I plan to sell these felt friends on Etsy. They are Waldorf style animals and are made with 100% Wool felt and are stuffed with 100% wool stuffing. What does this mean? It means they will last longer than the cheap craft felt that most fabric stores carry. I love working with this type of felt. It feels so nice and doesn't pull apart or fray. My next project (after the quilt) is to make myself a new pin cushion. Check out these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These came out great!!! I love those pincushions too. Where do you get your wool felt and stuffing?

Anonymous said...

Oh, Beth, how wonderful! I love these little heirloom stuffies. My middlin already has dibbs on Kanga. : )

Blessings,
Jennifer

volpecircus said...

Should I put in my order for one of those neato pincushions now or later?

Heather

Spinneretta said...

Very cute!
I dont think I'd like Roo without ears either... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...