Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Morning, 5 am

My husband says I am now operating on "old people time." I think it is in my genes. My parents get up at like 4 am and can't keep their eyes open past 8 pm. I always know if the phone rings before 8 am at our house, it is probably my mother. Well, she knows I'll be awake. I am usually up by 6:30 or 7:00 and in bed by 10:30 or 11:00. For some reason, I couldn't keep my eyes open past 9:30 this week and so decided to just stop fighting it and go to bed. Of course, yesterday morning at 4:45 am I was wide awake. So I decided to get out of bed and see what I could see on my favorite sewing blogs. Heather Bailey had some amazing pictures using a specialized camera (now why couldn't I have married a photographer instead of a musician???). I am in love with this skirt from Hancock's of Paducah. I don't even like clothing that much. I promised myself I would make it if I lost 10 pounds. I'll keep you posted.I found this site which kept me in stitches (ok, ok, I know that is really a dorky play on words but I've been up since 5 am). I laughed because when I looked at all of those pictures of people's sewing rooms/sewing areas it seems they clean more than they sew. I am very blessed to have a large room for my sewing but because it used to be a kitchen there is a sink and old cracked linoleum on the floor. And lots of cat hair on the rug. And lots of thread on the rug. And my religious education materials for church in a box on the floor. And boxes of the boys comic books. And the vacuum..... Did I mention how blessed I am to have a sewing room? I am and I am thankful. I just wanted to take a picture of the mess and send it in to that site.Well, this morning when I was awake at 5 am I again got out of bed and went to the computer. I try to be very quiet because Mike (being a musician, not a photographer) gets in at around 2 am on Thursday evenings (wait, I guess that makes it Friday morning). Then I thought to myself, "Self, you always complain that you don't have time to sew. Get your rear end in the sewing room." So I did. I feel more and more like my mother every day. I consider this a positive, by the way.The pictures I have posted are of my newest project, which I was working on from 5 to 7 am. This is the preparation for applique'. I have the fishies all finished and am now ready to work on the octopus, star fish and sea horses. I'm a bit worried about the sea horses because of all their small jagged points but without the jaggedness they looked like big snake monsters. Speaking of snakes, check out this quilt.Lastly, the cat pictures were taken by the boys. They have a new love of digital photography and who can blame them. Maybe we'll all take a photography course this summer. They love looking at blogs that include animals, especially if the animal is a cat, so I include all of these cat pictures for the kids who may be looking over mom's shoulder.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Loove all the cat pictures! Like you I laugh when I see tidy sewing rooms - even when I clean mine it still looks a mess!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...