Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Use what you have?

Does it count if you use the fabric store that is going out of business? Because that is what I did. I had an idea for a new product and needed some supplies. I also needed white thread. I kept my purchase under $25. For that amount I bought three small spools of thread, four yards of yummy yellow fabric and two yards of fleece. Since this was just the amount of my birthday money, I guess you could say I did indeed use what I had!Here are a few pictures of what I made. A soft blanket for baby or toddler or any size person. The bottom is fleece which makes the blanket nice to sit on and the top is cotton which makes it cool in the summer. The bag is round and just the right size for the blanket. There are more pictures in my etsy shop.Finally, here is a picture that I took in the back yard this morning. Our neighbors have two bunnies that have tunneled out of their pens and now hop around our yards. It is the most delightful thing to watch. If I can just train them to eat enough of our grass so that I don't have to mow...

1 comment:

volpecircus said...

oh my goodness, you never cease to amaze me! and i'm sure there was not a pattern involved for these lovely (and oh so well coordinated) blankies and bags. i don't think my mind works in that way. i blogged over at my page how i was inspired by you to use what i have, well i haven't even cut into the fabric yet. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...