Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Strawberry mania

I don't know about you but I just can't get enough strawberries when they are in season. My friend Amy at Fresh Vintage posted another strawberry recipe, check it out. On Sunday I made Amy's recipe for strawberry muffins and they were so good I made a double batch yesterday for the freezer. On Sunday I also baked a shortcake. I just googled for a recipe. It is tasty but not as good as my mom's. Note to self: Call mom for the recipe.

Here's a question for you. How many people prefer milk on their strawberry shortcake? I have always hated things that are soggy and so could never add milk. Whipped cream, yes. Nathan begged me to buy the whipped cream in a can. I don't like that kind (I swear I can taste the chemicals) but bought it for him as a treat. When we got it out I told them both to open their mouths and I squirted a mouthful into each of them! They were shocked! My philosophy on this is, if you do it rarely, the treat is wonderful. If you do it all the time it begins to turn into gluttony. Of course, Nathan then informed me he doesn't like the whipped cream!

Of course, when you are a child, the best part of baking is licking the left over batter.

2 comments:

amy said...

Glad you liked the muffins-great picture.

Anonymous said...

You are all making me hungry with all these strawberries!

Beth, I tagged you on my blog:
http://family-centered.com/life/2007/06/06/the-8-things-about-me-meme/
your turn! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...