Sunday, July 1, 2007

Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt

My darling husband and I set aside today as "family day" so I'm not going to post a whole lot. After Mass this morning our family went out for breakfast at this fantastic little restaurant called, Wish You Were Here. Nathan commented that "this restaurant makes the best pancakes." Yum.We then came home and put on our hiking gear and went on what had to be the toughest hike of our lives (remember we are rather wimpy) at Susquehannock State Park. Lots of steep hills and narrow paths and rocks.I had a few minutes between reading the newspaper with Mike and making dinner. I finished my newest quilt this morning before Mass (I get a lot of quilting done between the hours of 6:30 and 8 am.) It just came out of the dryer and I love it so much I wanted to share it with you. It will be for sale at Eastern Market on Saturday and in my Etsy shop soon. To understand how to make a disappearing nine patch check out this easy tutorial. I used 30's and 40's reproduction fabrics from Burkholder's (my favorite quilt shop to date). I just LOVE the little chicks and chickens fabric. Some of the eggs are whole and some are broken. I have some extra of this and need to make something fun out of it. I'm just not sure what yet.
After supper we are having a fire cracker extravaganza. The kids are very excited. I'm making my meal completely from food bought at Eastern Market yesterday.

2 comments:

amy said...

It came out great! I love the hen and egg fabric. You have really got me thinking about starting to quilt. It won't be this week though.
As we left church today the kids commented on what an amazing family you have and that the boys are the most polite children they have ever met.

volpecircus said...

"wish you were here" is the best. the toast, the omelets, the juice...i could go on and on. the new quilt is totally cute. i'll have to come and visit you and amy at eastern market this saturday to see all of your wares. and, i need to bug you to learn how to quilt. i have begun to gather my fabrics for a first attempt. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...