Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Sewing fun and Traditional Chrismtas Present Wrapping

Yes, I believe that is the longest title I've had so far. Nathan and I were at the library yesterday and I saw a book on the new book shelf entitled Crafting Christmas Gifts. It isn't the kind of book I would normally pick up but something about it struck me. Today I felt compelled to make the above penguin. I will give it away this holiday season to a friend of mine. It was terrifically fun and easy to make. I've never understood how others can get those eyes painted so perfectly round. This book gives a great tip: dip the end of a pin in paint and press onto the fabric. Wow! My best eyes ever. I think I may have to make some more of these little guys. I do love the penguin.This little ornament was made from a pattern called Monoki that I purchased from Burkholder's fabric on Saturday. I will put in on the gift for my mother-in-law. The picture is very dark but you can get the idea. There is a quilt pattern with this little folded kimono that I had planned to make for my sister-in-law for her birthday but now I'm thinking I may use some of the ideas but change the quilt around to better suit her style. I'll post a picture when it is finished.

I hope your Advent has been a joyful one. Nolan has one day of school left and both he and Nathan are very eager for Christmas. I have a little Christmas tradition every year when I wrap the presents. I love the movie It's a Wonderful Life and always put it on while I'm wrapping all the gifts. Mike doesn't like to wrap gifts so I usually reserve this event for an evening when he won't be home. Tonight is the night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...