Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday

As we walk downstairs this is our view. I am quite happy with my little set up. This mantle along with two gorgeous wood pillars on either side of the entrance to our living room sold me our house. It's a good thing too because the house was a real wreck.

You can see our Jesse tree with its first two ornaments along with the book we are beginning to read. Our Advent boxes sit along side my advent letters. The boys open one box each day until Christmas and build their nativity in that way.

I don't have the pie crust table in the hall because we are having our ceiling fixed and I will actually have to take down all the decorations tomorrow so they don't get
filthy with drywall dust. I wanted to have them up today because it was the first day of Advent and it was also my baby's TENTH birthday. I can't believe both my children are in the double digits. Here are a few pictures of him with the present his Aunt MaryAlice gave him:Yes, this book has a reversible dust jacket. The actual book itself says Physics. Nolan spent a good part of the afternoon laying in my bed reading this book. He is getting an immense amount of pleasure from it. Way to go Aunt MaryAlice!

I hope you all had a marvelous 1st day of Advent. It is very cold here and we are having some freezing rain. I hope the forecast is better tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...