Tuesday, December 4, 2007

St. Barbara

Today is the feast day of St. Barbara. Click here for the story of her life. She was a martyr so the story ends a bit gory. I read that it is traditional to cut a branch on St. Barbara's feast day. If you take it indoors and force it, it will bloom by Christmas. I think we will give this a try.

Remember our hole in the ceiling? Well we've finally gotten it fixed. It is of course right in our hallway above the mantle where I planned to display our advent decorations. I spent a few hours priming and painting yesterday. I will do so again today. Why is it when one very small part of the house is being remodeled the rest of the house seems to become a disaster zone?

I moved the Jesse tree to the children's room and I think I will keep it there. We read the story at bedtime and it just makes more sense to have the tree and the decorations there. I am going to try to add to my side bar so you can see which story we read each night and which ornament was hung. Here is what we have so far:
  • Creation: Sun and Moon
  • Adam and Eve fall: The forbidden fruit
  • God sends a flood: Noah's ark with a rainbow attached
Well, I must be off. Nathan has an eye appointment today. I think both my boys need glasses. Nolan goes on Friday. Nathan doesn't always deal well with doctors and change and so I would appreciate any and all prayers this morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...