Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Can't Stop.......


I just can't stop making these tote bags! I hope someone wants to buy one. I've been thinking about going back to Eastern Market this summer. I just don't know what else to do with all these bags. I found that market was not a place for my quilts but I was able to sell some coasters and tote bags. Items that were under $20 seemed best.

On another note, I finally finished listening to the podcast interview of Anna Maria Horner. The second half wasn't nearly as emotional as the first (thank goodness). I found it to be a very interesting interview and hope to listen to more Craftsanity podcasts on my morning walks. I do hope that they aren't all tear jerkers though!

On one final note (which is actually related to the above paragraph), I have been noticing over the past year or so that it is virtually impossible to say something about your likes or dislikes without first being sure to say that you aren't meaning to offend anyone who is of a different opinion. Maybe it is just me (so many things are) but I guess I don't assume that everyone thinks, feels or likes things just the way I do. In fact, I'm glad of it. However, just because I put forth an opinion about something doesn't mean that I think everyone else is wrong or has bad taste. Just because I don't like and don't wear frills doesn't mean I think another person shouldn't wear/like frills. I guess much of it is self-centerdness, as if I am always thinking about that other person and this is the reason I am making a statement. I noticed throughout the interview with Anna Maria that both she and the interviewer (sorry, I can't remember her name at the moment) did this constantly when they were talking about their own personal likes and dislikes.

Ok, I'm not sure if anyone has read this far but I just had to get that off my chest. I saw there was a podcast with Alicia Paulson that I'm going to download next. Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

volpecircus said...

oh my goodness you have been a busy beaver! amidst all the house goings on i'm impressed you find time to do anything. i don't think i did anything but pack and worry for a month. i hope all is going well with the whole house thing. where is the new place by the way? you guys are in our prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...