Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. Our family enjoyed a day with both sides of our extended family. It is always good to gather together but always a bit tiring as well.

I wanted to share a little cleaning secret I have used for some time. When I quilt I usually use flannel for the backing since it is so soft and warm. I almost always have some flannel left over and found the perfect way to use those little pieces. I make Swiffer cloths. We have wood floors and cats and so the floors often need a quick wiping down. I hate buying cloths that just go into the trash and I love using up bits of fabric that are left over.
To make these lovelies, just measure your Swiffer broom (or measure a throw away cloth) and cut the flannel accordingly. These are 9x8, I think. I just zigzagged the edges to keep the fabric from fraying. I lightly spray the bottom of the cloth with furniture polish (be careful about this as it can make your floors slippery) and zoom away. Nolan actually enjoys this job and is in charge of the wood floors in their room. Just toss them in the washer and dryer and you 're ready to go.

I am selling the above covers in my etsy shop but I can't imagine anyone buying them since they are so easy to make.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...