Sunday, August 3, 2008

And the Winner Is...

Heather! I picked Heather, because she told me she would use the fabric to help her daughter learn how to sew. The fact that I know Heather and her daughter may have swayed me a little, if I am honest. I learned to sew about the time I was 7 or 8 and loved hanging out in my mom's sewing room with her little scraps of fabric. Knowing that my fabric could help the next generation continue a craft that I love was just too much for me. And since Heather's daughter is such a lovely person to boot, my mind was made up.

Everyone had great responses to my questions and I smiled every time I got a new email on these posts. Thank you for making my day. I have also had a great time checking out some of your blogs. I haven't gotten to them all yet but will keep plugging away.

Thanks especially for the book recommendations. I plan on making a list and taking to the local library.

And thanks for visiting. Come back again soon. Now stop reading my blog and go to Church.

4 comments:

volpecircus said...

Beth, thank you so much for picking me. At first I wasn't going to enter but then we decided to start her sewing this year and I thought of how much she would love it to have her own material that she can make stuff with and doesn't have to ask me first. Thank you again. I can't wait to go tell her. :)

Gail said...

Well, I guess I am a day late and a dollar short, I was visiting the Quilt Gallery and saw the contest and thought I would check it out.

Congratulations to Heather for the win of all the pretty fabric.

And I won as well, I have a new blog to visit.

Alison said...

Beth, Thank you so much for signing up to make blocks for Aryn's quilt. I really appreciate it and look forward to seeing them soon.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to Heather! Thanks for hosting a lovely give-away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...