Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Butterscotch Cookies

Here is one of my all time favorite Christmas cookies. I haven't made them yet this year so I don't have a picture. I'll post the picture after I bake some so you can see just how yummy they are. The above picture was taken on Saturday morning. It is one of the reasons I'm glad my kitchen is not visible from the rest of the house!

1/2 cup margarine

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream

ICING
4 TBSP butter
2 cups 10x sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
small amount hot water

Beat margarine, brown sugar and eggs. Add next six ingredients. Beat until smooth. Drop on cookie sheets by teaspoonful. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool.

Melt butter until golden brown. Blend in sugar and vanilla. Add enough hot water until the icing is of spreading consistency. Spread on cookies immediately.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...