Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Strength

My friend, Amy, and I had a good long talk about how hard life can be and how God works in our lives and the lives of our children. There are lots of challenges there. I've been feeling that some things are just plain hard. When I follow the path God has chosen for me I sometimes feel that I just can't walk another step. That's when I know I'm relying on myself and not on Him.

In my devotional this morning I read about the prophet Nathan. "Prophets like Nathan, let God act through them to accomplish what God wants to do, and what only God can do." Now, my sons name is Nathan and I have seen in his life what only God can do. And I've had to let go of a lot of my preconceived notions about parenting to see it.

So when you think things are too hard, remember that God works in mysterious ways and that He will give us the strength. Here's a video about a son who wanted to participate in a triathlon (or iron man or one of those crazy run/swim/bike races) and how his dad made that happen for him. So when I feel like things are too hard, I just watch this video.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing this father-son team at the Boston Marathon many years ago. They are incredibly inspirational. Here's their website, if you'd like to read more details about their lives: http://www.teamhoyt.com/

HBO also did an amazing story about them.

Thanks for the video! Hope to see you over the holidays!!

regan said...

beautiful post. thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...