Monday, May 11, 2009

Quilting

I haven't really been in my sewing room since Christmas. Ok, I really have been but only to pile things onto my sewing table that didn't have a home. We were invited to a baptism at church and I had really wanted to make a quilt. Over Christmas I started two quilt tops but never got any further. Since I had all the materials for the Beatrix Potter quilt I set to work. I finished the top and sandwiched the quilt last Sunday. I started quilting during the week and really did most of it on Saturday. Sunday morning 6am I finished sewing on the binding and threw it in the washer and dryer. I still can't believe I got it finished! Of course finishing one quilt makes me itch to do some more sewing. Another good friend asked if I would make her son's baptismal outfit and since that is at the end of the month, I'd better get in gear!

6 comments:

volpecircus said...

awww, too cute! i'm jealous. does that mean if i have a baby i get a quilt? :)

Marcia said...

It's beautiful! Sometimes I can't get in my sewing room for the same reason...it made me smile to read your post.

amy said...

beautiful as always!

Trisha said...

What a nice gift! It turned out beautiful.

Jackie Russell said...

Love this quilt. I think I have every piece of fabric from this line and I just can't bring myself to cut it yet.

Xia and Isa said...

Okay, so it only took me 3 months to catch up on your blog since having little Isa. WE LOVE THE QUILT and you will see it featured on our blog every month in Isa's monthly pic. Thanks so much!
Xia and Isa's Mommy, Stephanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...