Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What I've been needing...

I've mentioned before that this was a terrifically difficult year for me. I don't like to focus on myself but I've been doing quite a bit of soul searching over the last few weeks. As summer is fast approaching (can't wait....can't wait.....can't wait) I've been pondering whether or not to continue my life as is or whether some things need to change. We need change.

This year was too busy.

Too busy for things that REALLY matter to me. One big thing is time to spend with those I love. I have really missed my friends this year. I don't want to lose them over lack of time. I'm bound and determined to MAKE time.

I spent a short amount of time today with my good friend Val and her lovely children because I needed to measure her son's baptismal outfit (pictures to come...I PROMISE). I had the loveliest time building Lincoln logs with the kids and talking with my friend. What a simple joy. One I must repeat over and over. Thanks, Val. I needed that.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

It is good to step back and take a look at things and decide what is most important in your life. Best wishes with your decisions and making them work for you. Looking forward to seeing the baptismal outfit.

amy said...

Well I know I'm sure looking forward to catching up!!

I miss you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...