Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Morning Star decisions

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Which thread to use to quilt? I've been trying to get a few items ready to take to Building Character without actually buying anything. I've been working on a little red and white quilt using the Morning Star pattern. One thing I've really been thinking about is how important it is to use quality fabric. Like I said, I'm trying to make without purchasing. What that means is that the white cotton I used for this quilt has been sitting on my shelf for quite a while. It isn't the best quality for quilting. It'll work but having used some high quality white cotton in the past (which I'm sure cost more, too) was so lovely when I sewed and ironed and quilted. This'll do but I'm not happy about it.


It's a small quilt, probably nice for a little table or a doll or a girl's teddy bear picnic. So, it'll do. The thread will have to do, too. I'm wondering if I can machine quilt with hand quilting thread. The other option is to machine quilt with regular sewing thread or with embroidery thread. The embroidery thread is really nice and shiny and I used it before but it's a little pinker than I'd like. I guess tomorrow will be some sample quilting before getting to the Morning Star. Hope I can finish it by Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...