Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fabric Finds in Blue

We're so fortunate to have the Lancaster Creative Reuse here in our fair town. Fortunate for those who are cleaning out the house to have somewhere unique to donate their goods and fortunate for those of us who sew and craft and create to have somewhere to purchase amazing products for very little money. 


I am in charge of the craft for the Kids Camp we run at work. I've been able to find most of what we need at the Reuse. I think so far I've spent $10. Of course, while I'm there I also have to see if there are any goodies for me. This week I was able to find some great fabrics.
 We had a very rainy, overcast day, so my photos aren't as vibrant as I'd like but you'll get the idea. The above fabric was the best find. It was labeled 1972 on the original sales sticker. I think the almost 10 yards was originally priced at $4. I bought it for $13. That's $1.30 per yard. I'm going to use it to back quilts. I always have trouble ironing that much fabric so I only ironed the bit I used last night for my quilt. It looks great. I can't wait to get started on the quilting.
 All of the fabrics I'm showing you today were in a vintage box. The above pieces were $.35 each. Did I mention how much I love the Creative Reuse? I'm pretty sure I'm going to make something for myself out of these. I just haven't decided yet. Maybe some placemats and napkins.
And finally this lovely cowboy piece. I think it was an old sheet but the fabric is pretty thick. Price tag? $1. I'm trying to think on how to work this one in to a quilt. I'm so excited about these fabrics. I'm trying not to be too depressed about the lack of time I have to work on projects! So much creative energy, so little time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...