Thursday, October 19, 2017

Life


I started this blog January, 2007. That's more then 10 years ago. Wow. Back then blogging was a somewhat new and novel idea. I remember reading all my favorite blogs every day. There were so many of them. Now blogging is somewhat out of style. Now there is Facebook and Instagram and Twitter and so much more that I can't keep up with. I miss the blog, to be honest. 

I am a very visual person and NOT a verbal or auditory person but there is something about the WORDS that go along with a blog post that is missing form these other forums. 

In 2007 my boys were 10 and 11. Now they are grown men - 20 and 21. In 2007 we lived in a larger house with less yard, now we live in a small house with a larger yard (well, garden). In 2007 I was a stay at home mom and homeschooled my boys. Now I am working two jobs - one as a preK teacher, one as a cook. 

The journey to this place has been interesting to say the least. Much of it is here, on this blog, in bits and pieces. I know the journey is not nearly finished. I feel like my life is a little like the dandelion flower and seeds you see above. As I grow, my life (seeds) spread far and wide and bring me in contact with a wide variety of people. 

Some of these people are put into my life to help me grow and to challenge me. Some are for me to help - especially the little children I work with daily. Although I prefer these seeds to flow where I want, they do not. They fly in the wind and land far and wide. 

And so must I....fly.....far and wide.....and flower where I am planted.

1 comment:

Jude said...

I like your view of your journey. I like the dandelion metaphor- so very true. Keep living your life fully, your way, with love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...