Thursday, March 8, 2007

Love Art?

As a homeschooling family, we are required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to teach our children things like Math, Reading and Writing. They also have the nerve to make us teach Fire Safety, Health, Art and Gym. Now, as a quilter, you would think art was up my alley. You would be misinformed. The thing is, I hate a mess. I know it is a character flaw as a mother to hate when my children are so enthralled with a project that they are putting their mind, heart and soul (and in Nolan's case, most of his body) into it. But there you have it. I hate clean up. Yes, yes, I make the kids clean up. Who are we kidding though, 9 and 10 year old clean up isn't quite up to my standards. We are working on it though.

Fortunately, this year we have joined a great homeschool group called Lancaster Area Catholic Homeschoolers. Every Wednesday we go to Art and Gym class for two hours. So I have been so happy keep the mess out of the house.

These pictures are of Nolan making a Native American Wigwam. He made a few Teepee's as well, but I think he enjoyed dipping his fingers in the glue for this project. Nathan sewed a Civil War money belt (he has a nice little running stitch) and we photocopied some Civil War bills to go in it. While taking these pictures, Nolan wanted to know if I was going to put him on my blog. I guess the answer is, "yes".

Nathan would also like to let everyone know that today is his last day to be ten. He informed me last night that he was tired of being ten and was glad that he would soon be eleven. He was going to give the ten away for someone else to use. Don't you love the minds of children?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...