Thursday, March 15, 2007

Moda Marble

Through our homeschool group, I made a new friend, Paulette. She has gotten the quilting bug and took me to a quilt shop in the wilds of Lancaster County called Burkholder's Fabrics. I was in fabric heaven.

What you see here is the fabric that I bought. Unfortunately, the colors just don't come through very well in this photograph. This fabric is from Moda and is called Marble. There have all the shades of the rainbow. I could only afford part of the rainbow.

I am working on a baby quilt that will have a stained glass window look. My first try didn't work so well, but Paulette gave me some sage advice and I was able to get started again. On the right is the beginnings of the quilt. Once I get all the fabric lined up correctly, I will cut and piece it again.

I'll try to keep you posted. I haven't had too much time to quilt as I have been deep in the throws of obsessing about the education of my children. Now that I've spent a few weeks working out the educational glitches, I should have more time to sew.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...