Saturday, April 21, 2007

Flower Power

We have a very busy weekend ahead of us. I'm glad I was able to spend quite a bit of time sewing yesterday. Here are some of the other projects I completed. The flower pin cushion is for my friend Amy. I had to wrack my brain to remember how to make those embroidered flower petals. It came to me but I definitely could use some practice. The photo below is of some coasters I made using small bits of fabric that I just can never throw away. I have a large pile of fabric pieces on my blanket chest just waiting to be put into a project. I doubt I'll get to them until Monday and maybe not even then. Let me know if anyone out there is trying to "use what you have".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

Thank you so very much!!! I absolutely love my pincushion!
I am so grateful for your friendship! That's enough with the exclamation points!

peace,
amy

volpecircus said...

The coasters are so cute and look simple enough that even I could make them. :) And that's saying alot. So, is there lining or something or just two layers of fabric? Thanks for helping the incompetent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...