Friday, April 27, 2007

Organize what you have

After my frustration with the mini duffel, I took a look at my sewing room and realized how much of a disaster it was. I took everything out of the cabinets and reorganized. I went through my patterns and weeded out the ones I know I will never use. Finally I refolded and organized my fabric. I realized that I have quite enough to work with for a while. I took out all the small odds and ends and am currently working on lots and lots of coasters. When I get finished I'll post them all and then I'll do a give away.
I finally found the blog that inspired me to 'use what I have.' It is called simplesparrow and the reason I couldn't find the post right away is because it was from about a month ago. Anyway, tonight I was looking at some of the sites I like to visit and I discovered that she just finished organizing her fabric. Great minds think alike, I guess.
I want to personally thank Xia (see her blog here) for encouraging me to dig the mini duffel out of the trash. It isn't often that a three month old tells you to do something so I figured I'd better do it! I dug it out of the trash, ripped about 1/2 of the seams and resewed. I'll get a picture up soon. I still don't love it but hope that someone may. Thanks Xia!

2 comments:

volpecircus said...

I am so impressed with your organization. Right now I miss my fabric stash. It is stuck in a few boxes in a friends basement until we hopefully sell this house. Ugh! Anyway, you have simply the best taste ever in fabric! The prints are lovely.

In Christ, Heather

Xia and Isa said...

Yeah Beth! Thanks for listening to me and saving the mine duffel :0)
Love,
Xia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...