I spent the last two days working on a mini duffel bag. Have you ever tried to follow a pattern and just couldn't do it? This bag was just about the end of my sewing career. I think part of the problem was that I downloaded the pattern off the web. The printed instructions were not terrific and I had to go to the computer to look at the pictures. On top of that, I was "using what I had" which did not include all the zippers required. So I was modifying the pattern as I sewed. Well, to make a long story short, I continually sewed things on incorrectly and ripped out about twelve times. Finally, when I realized I had sewed the straps on wrong (several steps before) I threw the whole thing in the trash! Maybe I'll fish it out today and rip, rip, rip. Maybe I won't.
Here are two things that I made properly. The first is a pair of oven mitts. If you remember this quilt you may notice some similarities in the fabric design. The second is this little halter for my next door neighbor, Tess. It is terrifically fun to sew for girls.