Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Shenk's Ferry Wildflower Preserve

One of the many reasons I love homeschooling my sons is the opportunities for spur of the moment field trips. Another homeschooling mom from our group mentioned she was taking her sons to a wild flower preserve "walk." I had always wanted to see this preserve in the southern part of our county and we have been so excited that the weather has turned somewhat warm and sunny that I wanted every opportunity to enjoy nature. We truncated school ("you mean we don't have to do MATH today???") and drove the 30 minutes through some of the most lovely land in Lancaster County. It almost made me want to move out of the city. The "official" hike was way too boring for our tastes (my boys like to experience nature at their own pace, they don't much care about the names of the wild flowers, they just like to look at what is interesting and run and jump and climb and throw rocks into streams as much as possible). We can't wait to go back, picnic lunch in hand next time.

1 comment:

Xia and Isa said...

Hey, my Grammy went on that same hike the other day. She said it was beautiful too. I LOVE that little halter - too cute. Don't give up on the duffel bag - dig it out. Anything you make is cool!

Love ya,
Xia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...