Thursday, June 21, 2007

Where Has the Time Gone?

Where do the days go? I think I know.....to the children. I have been babysitting my next door neighbors for the past two weeks and we have also been spending a lot of time at the swimming pool due to Swim Team. Last night was the first Dual swim meet. It was supposed to be on Tuesday but due to a summer storm was postponed until last night. We of course still spent almost two hours at the pool before the meet was called.What does this mean? It means that my summer of sewing quilts hasn't been too productive. Do I mind? Not at all. It is always a pleasure to watch children play. I am so thankful for my simple childhood and I really have been glad that we could give a similar one to our children.The pictures you see in this post are of the Tie Dye Team. We always make tie dye shirts on the first day of "camp" and so last year the kids decided to name the camp Tie Dye Team.We attended Family Farm Fun Days last week (or some similar alliterative name) and the kids' favorite part has always been holding the bunnies and chicks. We also had a Harry Potter theme last week and the above pictures are the kids making edible wands. Delicious.
I do have a work in progress that has a Japanese theme. I hope to have it finished by this weekend and I will post a picture whenever I can.

1 comment:

amy said...

Wow, she looks exactly like her mom!
Nothing is better than a simple summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...