Friday, July 20, 2007

Pinwheel Potter Spelling Mania

I have been pondering the fact that pink pinwheels make me really happy. I mean REALLY happy. My parents would laugh if they read this (which they won't because they don't have a computer) because I have hated pink for most of my life. I'm coming around though. It could be the circular pattern of the pinwheel that does it for me (you remember how crazy I am for circles and all things in the round?) Well, whatever the reason, I wanted to make this pinwheel pattern for a while. I actually have tons of fat quarters in vibrant colors and want to make a larger pinwheel quilt using all the colors. I think that will be next although I did see this wonderful quilt and may have to make that one soon too.In other news...in case you haven't heard....tonight at midnight is the release of the newest and last Harry Potter book. We have a wonderful little used book store in our neighborhood called Dogstar Books. We will be attending a Harry Potter party there tonight in full costume. There is an art contest and so there will be a Harry Potter quilt on display. The kids will be all decked out although Mike and I may dress as Muggles (non-magical folks for those of you who aren't HP fans). We hope it will be good fun and want to support a local independent merchant.Finally, the spelling part of the post. My homeschool affidavit is due soon to the school district and so I have begun thinking less of quilts and more of school lessons. Most recently this has taken the form of spelling programs. Spelling is not everyone's gift here at our home and I'm looking for some help. I'll take any and all suggestions and am looking into the Phonetic Zoo program even though it is terribly expensive.

2 comments:

amy said...

Loooove the quilt, love pinwheels, you know I love pink!

Anonymous said...

okay. you've done it again. your quilts are fabulous and i'm still in awe at how quickly you seem to get them accomplished.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...