Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe

Today is the Feast Day of St. Maximilian Kolbe (scroll down to August 15)who traded his life for the life of a husband and father during WWII. It is an amazing story. I am trying to incorporate saint days and the Liturgical Year into our lives more and more. Today I told the kids to try to do something extra special for someone else in memory of St. Maximilian Kolbe. I challenge you to do so too.
The above picture is Nathan using the Phonetic Zoo. He loves it! Actually both boys do. I think their favorite part is the headphones but also being able to do the entire thing on their own. Frankly, I love that aspect myself. Nathan has hated spelling for so long that it is a small miracle to see him excited about it again. This is the second day we've used it but I have high hopes.
As you can see, we have started school. We actually started doing work the last week of July. The kids didn't even complain. I figure we will be really glad to take a week off in say, February, when we are all driving each other bonkers and I'm ready to send them back to school.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...