Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday Morning, 4 am (again)

If you are a regular reader of my blog (anyone...anyone...) you may have noticed that I am often awake at the wee hours of the morning. I blame this on my heritage of farmers. Actually, I have no idea just why I tend to wake up at 4 am. I often think that God wakes me up to pray because that is usually what I do. This morning after my rosary I realized that sleep was not an option. It was 4:30 am. So I hopped (ok, crawled) out of bed and started the coffee brewing. Yes, I am a coffee addict. I can't get along without it. So, coffee in hand I headed to the computer to check email. I always secretly hope someone has bought something from my Etsy shop. Not today. 5am...I decided to work on my appliqué pillow. My friend Paulette gave me a book about Baltimore Album Quilts and I am using the first pattern for this pillow cover to go in the living room (aka Mike's music teaching studio). The thing that always occurs to me about appliqué is how much it reminds me of sculpture. Only in that the applique appears out of the solid block. In my case it appears because I drew on the pattern which is quite a bit different than sculpture but you get the idea.I realized that I am in desperate need of new needles. I am blaming the fact that my stitching isn't so swift on the dull needle. It couldn't possibly be because of my technique. No, definitely the needles.

While sewing I decided to watch a show about Mammals. One of our extravagances is a subscription to Netflix. Netflix allows you to web stream certain movies for free if you are a member. So from 5 to 7 am I watched two episodes of the Life of Mammals. Wow! I highly recommend viewing. (the host discusses evolution quite a bit for those who are hesitant about such things) The photography is fantastic and each episode focuses on one type of mammal. I watched one on marsupials and another on insect eaters. I can't wait to watch them with the kids (if I can stay awake that long).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...