Monday, January 28, 2008

I hate to admit this but...

I've gotta slim down. I am now 20 pounds overweight. Probably more like 25-30 pounds over but I'm sticking with 20 for now. I wasn't going to blog about this since I generally make a resolution to eat less and eat healthier and then I don't. So I didn't want to make a big production out of saying I was going to lose weight and then not doing it. Buuuuut, then I thought to myself, why the heck not. Maybe it'll keep me focused or at least embarrassed enough to stay with the program.

Program, did I say program??? Yes, I'm desperate and realizing that I need a little (ok, a lot) of help. I probably went on my first "diet" when I was like 8 or something crazy like that. Do any of you remember that silly one where you had to eat a cup of red beets but then you could have a cup of ice cream? I did that one for a week with my mom where you ate exactly what they told you to eat (I just remember all the red beets). I actually stayed on the diet and didn't cheat but didn't lose a pound. That ended that. I did Slimfast once in college. That did work but I really hate drinking my meals. After my kids were born I went to Weight Watchers. Man did that work! I was also nursing like crazy and taking the kids for these insane walks in the double stroller everyday. I think it was the combination of running after toddlers, taking sanity walks and eating appropriately that did it. I was thinner than ever in my life.

What happened??? It didn't stick. A few years ago I discovered a program called Light Weigh.This is an amazing Catholic spiritual weight loss program. I lost about 15 pounds on that program as well at one point. It works. It also brings you closer to God. Major bonus points for that one. Of course you really need to follow the program for it to work. Boy, do I have trouble with that. Too many yummy foods out there.

So, what am I going to do????? I'm combining. I need the structure of Weight Watchers right now since I tend to eat junk food all day if left to my own devises. I am going to incorporate the spiritual aspects of the Light Weigh (prayer, Bible study and sacrifice) to my plan. Oh, and I will begin exercising again. I walk about 2 miles after I put Nolan on the bus. I'm already out there in the cold at 7:15am I might as well keep walking.

I may never post about this topic again, but then again, maybe I will (don't you love my resolve?). I am going to start a little side bar for some notes and maybe some recipes that I come across. Wish me luck (pray for me) and keep eating healthy!

2 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Good for you! The walking is probably the best thing you can do! That's what I found when I needed to lose 30 pounds before baby #4.

amy said...

you go girl! I have been working on eating less carbs and sugar and more fiber for the last few weeks. There is no question that I absolutely feel better when I do this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...