I finished the quilt blocks this morning. I have to say this is probably one of my most sloppy quilts. I had a lot of trouble with my fabric stretching and in getting my 1/4 inch seams accurate. I guess I should use my walking foot all the time but I find it annoying. I had to rip out an entire block this morning because I was using my presser foot as a guide and realized what I always knew: it isn't 1/4 inch like the lady at the store told me it was. I had to draw a line on my machine to sew at 1/4 inch and that doesn't work as well as I'd like. I need to really sit and figure out what to do about this. I could follow the presser foot if the blocks were all squares but it screws up the triangles. Oh me, oh my. I've been working with this for years now and you'd think I'd have it figured out.
Anyway....I got things this far. Since this is to be a picnic/pool quilt, I wasn't going to stress over it. I wanted it to be fun and somewhat fast. I don't think I'm going to add the border squares like Amanda did, even though it looks amazing. I think I'm going to try to find a coordinating fabric to add as a border. We'll see. I have a ton of yard work that should be done today so I don't think I'll be doing any more sewing. Going away for a week doesn't really help get the house and yard in order. It was worth it though.