Thursday, June 5, 2008

Two Hundred

I can remember when my kids were in kindergarten they had to bring in 100 of something. When I got that note home, I thought, "wow, that's a lot to make him carry." Of course when you count out 100 cheerios, it doesn't even fill a whole plastic sandwich baggy. I also wonder why we love those zeros so much? What is it about being even that makes it special? Maybe someone could write their thesis on this fact.Well, since I totally skipped over my 100th post, I'm celebrating 200. I'm giving away this little quilt to one lucky commenter. The quilt was inspired by a very large one made by Amanda Jean. I think the proper name for the block is the bow tie but I could be wrong (and often am). So if you want to get your hands on this little colorful quilt, tell me something, anything! I made this quilt from left over triangles from my pinwheel quilt. I still have quite a few triangles left. I'm not sure why I cut out so darned many in the first place. Amanda Jean inspired quite a few people to make quilts in this pattern. I've been seeing them all over blog land. My favorite is in this post by Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio. I love the fabrics Jacquie uses in her quilts. I'm a nut for color.

In other news, I sold my modified Happy Hour quilt which has been on display at Cafe On Main. Finding out that someone likes something I made always boosts my spirit. Especially when I didn't even much like the something I made.

Finally, I want to give a big thanks to everyone who reads this little blog. Some of you are friends from here in Lancaster and some of you are from afar. I've loved seeing the amazing women that are out there in the world that I would never have had a chance to meet if it weren't for the Internet. You all bring Joy to my life. Thanks.

12 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Oh that is a beautiful quilt! My cousin, who is also my mother's god-child, just had her fourth child on Monday. She gave birth to a little girl named Jayden Leah who is very tiny at only 5 pounds 3 ounces. Today is my cousin's birthday and she will be spending it in the ICU with her little girl who has some sort of infection that is baffling the doctors right now. I would love to send her this beautiful quilt of yours to brighten her day. I am not trying to get a sympathy vote here, but as soon as I read your post, the spirit moved me. Happy 200th post!

jacquie said...

You're really giving this away! You are one generous bloggy pal. I've loved reading your blog and seeing your work. I hope mine will look as nice as yours. And big news...selling your quilt. WOW! You must be on cloud nine!!! Congratulations!!!

MeganZ said...

Congratulations on your 200th post! And this is the cutest little quilt I've ever seen! It would look so nice hanging in my daughter's room! Oooo, pick me, pick me! :)

volpecircus said...

ok, the pinwheel quilt has always been my favorite but anything in those colors would be cool! congrats on your 200th post. you beat me!

Amanda Jean said...

that block could be called a bow tie. I've been calling it an hourglass because that's what it reminds me of. :) your version of the quilt is stunning! I love it with the bright colors. My son had to take 100 of something in to school last year, and I he took in buttons. (he finally had a good excuse to dig in my massive collection and he was pleased!)

Anonymous said...

Oh pick me! pick me! :-)

Anonymous said...

That quilt is so beautiful... It would look great hanging in my bedroom. I call that block hour-glass, but I too am often wrong.. hehe

What to tell you, well, I just approved your submission to Quilting Bloggers, where there are over 700 bloggers listed now. My friend's wedding is tonight, and her quilt is not even close to being done, so I'm making her a quilted card instead and the will deliver the finished quilt in a few weeks.

Have a great day!

Michele

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I would love to win your little bright bowties quilt. And this is my first visit to your blog.

n, np

Xia and Isa said...

I know I'm already lucky enough to have one of your quilts with my very initials on it - BUT - Mommy would really like this one.

Thanks,
Xia and her Mommy, Stephanie

Elizabeth said...

That is a great quilt! Love the brights! So HAPPY! Congrats on selling your happy hour quilt too!! Such a good feeling!!

Take good care!

Anonymous said...

I love your little quilt! What a neat idea to make the binding from different fabrics. Congratulations on your 200th post and on selling the Happy Hour quilt!

Sue Cahill said...

I love your happy little quilt. You are so clever and resourseful to use the leftovers from another quilt. I always mean to do that but instead I have piles of pieces that I never figure out what to do with, I'm off on the next big project. Maybe someday I will go back and do something with them, heck, who am I kidding.
Please throw my name in the hat for that little beauty.
(sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...