Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thoughts

I am sitting in our basement chewing on some Sun Chips (seems more nutritious than regular chips), having just returned from the grocery store. I used my bags for the first time. The bagger (who was a 70 year old lady AT LEAST) did NOT look happy about them. The cashier (who was about 17) said they were "neat". They held up excellently and held a lot. The only thing I will do differently when I make the rest is to ditch the ties. The reality is that I'm not going to roll these babies up in a nice bundle everytime I unpack the groceries. They folded nicely and I just stuck them inside one of the bags. The tie sort of gets in the way of the groceries. It isn't a bad thing, just not something I think I'll use. Otherwise, the bags are GREAT!In other news....here is the picture of the fabric I bought for my living room curtains. It is so hot that I doubt I'll make them until fall but you never know. We only have air conditioning in our bedrooms since I'm convinced that the more we live in air conditioning, we're ruining our bodies thermostat. My family isn't thrilled about this theory of mine but it also saves on the electric bill. Finally, I discovered this site. I'm late in joining but thought it might be motivating for the summer. This is my tiny scraps stash. I think I've mentioned in the past about how I HATE having these scraps but just can't throw them away. I'm planning on trying to make some mini quilts out of them to hang on my sewing room walls after we paint (who knows when that will be!)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love that curtain fabric! Glad the bags worked out. Isn't it nice to smile about when you're getting your groceries?

Amanda Jean said...

mmm, sun chips. I wish I had a bag right now. :)

your curtain fabric is fabulous.

next time you accumulate a bunch of little fabric scraps, let me know and maybe we can arrange a little swap?

volpecircus said...

i love the curtain fabric! it's so you. :)

by the way, i bet your small scraps stash takes up way less room that my yards upon yards stash (ha, ha).

Anonymous said...

love the mini quilt idea!

jacquie said...

Great fabric choices for your curtains. You are heartier than I am. The heat and humidity around here are suffocating. I do love the nice evenings when we can have open windows, but they are few and far between.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...