Monday, November 24, 2008

Brown and Blue Christmas

I am terrible and I mean TERRIBLE about knowing what is in style, in fashion or looks cool. I guess I just never really cared that much. I like what I like and that's all there is to it. So right now I'm liking brown and blue. The tote I made for Mike's mom is brown with some blue in the lining fabric and this messenger bag has it all right in the main fabric. Mike's sister loved the messenger bag I made for myself this summer and so I decided to make her one for Christmas. One of my favorite features of this bag is the strap. There is batting in it to make it nice and soft on your shoulder.
I didn't think to take a picture of the inside of the bag. I used a piece of blue swirled fabric for the zippered pocket inside and I really like the way that contrasts with the brown fabric. I had quite a time taking pictures of this bag. Sorry they aren't better.

All this sewing has made my back ache. It has to do with cutting on a table that is too low for me. It could also have to do with the extra 30 pounds I'm carrying around. I really need to get back to exercising and eating healthier. I'm noticing the effects of my poor habits on my children and that really bothers me. My husband and I are not at all into sports. Therefore, my children aren't into sports. I laugh about the school assignment that requires them to read so many minutes a day and for us to sign off on it. I just sign the paper at the beginning of the week and tell them to fill it in at their discretion. My kids are ALWAYS on the couch reading. I think the gym teacher should have a similar assignment that has to do with going outside so many minutes every day.

I think I'll have to make our family an assignment. Over the years I've gotten good at making "reinforcement calendars." By that I mean ways to earn a reward because of extra work completed. Having a child with Autism means he's had to work hard when other kids were just out having fun. I like to reward that hard work. Incentives I think we call them in the grown up world (I got an extra $100 in my pay because I didn't take any sick days!!!). So, I'm thinking the kids and I may need some incentive to get our "rears in gear". It's cold outside here in PA.

1 comment:

jacquie said...

you are so right...what you make important will rub right off on them. good luck finding something you can all do together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...