Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lent

Wow, has it really been that long since I've posted? I guess it has. I'm here today just to notate what we're doing for Lent. I post really so that I have a record of our life. This year I have our Lent on the fridge. I made up a calendar with readings, prayers, sacrafices, etc. for each day. For instance, today the boys each wrote a letter to our sponsored child. We've been sponsors for over a year and have never written. This has been something I've wanted to do for some time and I thought Lent was a great time to get the boys involved in our sponsorship. The other days include things like going to Stations of the Cross, visiting grandparents, reading from The Life of Our Lord for Children or reading a saint story. I've tried to make week nights easier (some type of reading), projects for Saturdays and something family oriented for Sunday. The second thing I've made is a "Lenten tree." The tree was bare on Ash Wednesday. I have a glass full of stickers that we add to the tree every time we say a prayer, do a good deed or make a sacrifice. I can't believe how quickly the tree is filling up! I'm glad to see it. The boys have been really involved in this process which is just what I wanted.

May your Lent be filled with the grace of our Lord.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...