Thursday, June 18, 2009

Brigid Update

Here is little Brigid on my ironing board. You can see I've added a few goodies to Brigid. She's got a little apron and a flower pin. Both items are removable. I saw the cutest little jacket here. It probably should be made with 100% wool felt which I don't really have much of anymore. I used 30% wool felt for Brigid since I found it at Joanne Fabric. I'd rather use 100% but it is so expensive and then I would have had to order it online and wait for it to arrive which went against my need to make a doll RIGHT THIS SECOND!

As you can see from the picture, I've also started a little quilt for Brigid. I'm hoping to finish it today. Everything for Brigid has come from my stash except the felt. I love using my stash.

In other news, Mike and I had a great time last night. I was able to see the new MacHeads store which is open for business today. It looks great but I told Mike what the store needs is an Apple logo quilt. He was for it. We saw Les Miserables which was just fantastic. The music to that show is so amazing. Mike and I also went out to dinner at a local brew pub. We have wanted to go for so long and finally got there last night. We were both somewhat disappointed. The only thing that was amazing was the beer. Since I don't drink beer my experience was less than stellar. The food was ok, we've had better. The wine was expensive. I've had just as good other places and less pricey. Like I said, the beer (according to Mike) was fantastic. So, he'll stop in for a brew with the guys now and again but for a dinning experience we'll travel elsewhere.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...