Monday, November 2, 2009

First Day of School (again)















I just realized yesterday was the second first day of school for my boys. Once in August at the local school and yesterday as the first day of homeschooling this year. I guess not too many people can have two first days of school.

The day was wonderful. I'm sure every day won't be as nice, but I'm feeling really confident about our decision. I'm looking forward to learning with the boys and discovering this wonderful world around us at our own pace.

In other news, here are a few pictures from this past week or so. We went to a corn maze on Friday and it only took us 2 hours to get all the clues! They also had this really fun bouncy pillow that the kids couldn't get enough of.The boys dressed as Mario and Luigi for Trick or Treat and had such fun. I'm always amazed that they don't want to stay out the entire two hours to trick or treat. About an hour is their max. To be honest, we really couldn't handle any more candy. We also helped at the All Saint's Party at church on Saturday night. It was such a fun time.

In final news, I've signed on to Jackie's 'Joy in the New Year' Challenge. I have only one to finish. Maybe you remember this quilt from two summers ago? We've actually been using it in the sunroom even though it has safety pins holding it together and an unfinished edge. I do really love the way this one looks and took up the challenge to finish it. One big problem is that I'm hand quilting it. I just haven't had the gumption to get back to it. I hope by joining the challenge I'll be motivated!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Great costumes! We are Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario anything fans over here.

Can't wait to see that quilt finished! It will be lovely. Are you hand quilting the whole thing?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...