Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Quilty fun..

I bought a seasonal copy of Quilting Art magazine which is a real luxury for me. I acquiesced to the price as there were several projects I thought were interesting. The first was one I modified to make the above "art quilt." I'm no artist but thought this came out OK for my first try. I drew on the flower in permanent ink, used lots of water and fabric paint, steam ironed the whole thing when dry and then went about quilting. I ripped out quite a bit of my quilting until I was satisfied. OK, maybe mostly satisfied. The center of the flower is another medal from Mike's Nana's collection. This one is for Mike's mom's birthday.

I'm also in the midst of a second "painted quilt." This work in progress was inspired by Nolan. He was drawing funky trees this morning and I thought they would be fun in thread. As the boys were working on their Shakespeare Acrostic poems, I was painting fabric. It is fun to all work at the same table, even on separate projects. I'm planning this piece as our bathroom curtain. If it turns out.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We'll be stuffed full of turkey by the end of the day as we have two dinners to attend.It will be nice to see both families in one day. For that we are thankful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...