Friday, December 11, 2009

Catching Up

I'm always amazed at how quickly time goes by. I can remember my mother saying those words when I was a child and thinking she was crazy. I guess we are so consumed by our lives as adults we can't slow down.

I have to say that I do feel life is slower now that we are homeschooling and I'm not working. School is still busy every day and I'm still scrambling to get those lesson plans together, but there is time to rest, too.

Lots has happened since I last wrote. My baby (Nolan) turned 12. Next year I'll have two teenagers. This picture is his GIGANTIC cheese burger. He wanted a cheese burger instead of cake. That's how much he loves cheeseburgers. In all reality, the burger wasn't as big as it looks but it was still mighty large.
I've been sewing, too. A good friend from church has hosted two gatherings of women to chat and craft. I've been taking the quilt along. I was able to finish is last week. It thrills me to death that Nolan gets almost as excited as I do about these quilts. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

Speaking of Nolan (seems this post is all about him), I've been working on a water colored fabric/quilted piece inspired by one of his drawings. He's been excited to see the progress. You never know what your kids will be excited about.

What they AREN'T excited about is playing as a family for our Parish Christmas Concert. I picked the song O Little Child by Hiram Ring. Hiram is a wonderful local musician and you should really check out his music. The song is so beautiful but the boys were less than happy that I'm making them play along. It's good for them and I just leave it at that.

Well, we're off to read our Jesse Tree story. Have a happy weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...