Sunday, December 20, 2009

Photo Memory Quilt

About three days ago I decided to make my in-laws a photo quilt for Christmas. My father-in-law has very advanced lung cancer and had a stroke a few months ago. He is doing as well as is possible for as sick as he is but he is often tired and cold. So, I thought, "Hey, what about a quilt?" Then I thought about how sentimental he is and that someday in the not far away enough future Mike's mom will be without her soulmate and I thought this kind of quilt would make a great gift for both of them. He may enjoy it more now while he's resting and she may be comforted by all the photos of him after he's gone.So, nothing like starting a quilt a week before Christmas. There's no incentive like a close deadline, is there? I used photo fabric to transfer the photos. You just put the fabric right through your printer, peel the paper, and rinse. I'm thrilled with how it's looking so far. My backing fabric is in the dryer and I just cleaned the dining room floor in preparation for sandwiching the quilt. I'm a little nervous about how to quilt it with all the pictures. I guess I better figure it out soon!In other news, this little black kitty has been visiting for the week. She belongs to my sister-in-law and we just love her to pieces. Fortunately for us (but not them) my sister-in-law and her boyfriend are stuck in VA due to the snow and can't pick Colette up today as planned. So we get to love her for a little longer.

2 comments:

volpecircus said...

Beth, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity and productivity! The quilt is beautiful! They are sure to love it. What a wonderful and appropriate gift.

amy said...

What an incredible gift, one that will be treasured always. I'm amazed how fast you pull these quilts together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...