Friday, July 9, 2010

Updates


There is so much happening, my head is spinning!

First, I've done a bit of sewing in the last few weeks. Of course, I don't have any pictures but will try to get some up this week.

It has been unbearably hot here in PA the last week or two. We only have air conditioning in our bedrooms so I'm not very apt to get a whole lot completed due to the heat. It was only 92 degrees today so it felt absolutely balmy.

I finished My Antonia by Willa Cather. I just adored this book. The characters feel so real to me. Their trials and tribulations understandable. The description of the late 1800's prairie so real. Oh, I wish I could have seen it. The hard work of those pioneers seems so romantic when put into prose. Next is The Picture of Dorian Grey. I'm hesitant about English Literature now but blazing forward....

I went fabric shopping at the quilt shop today. I bought another dress pattern when they were on sale for $.99. I've wanted a dress in designer fabric for a while. I bought some Amy Butler flower print. I'm hoping to cut into it tomorrow.

In other news, I have a job interview. I don't HAVE to work but it is a struggle. I look in the paper every week just to be sure that I COULD get a job IF I needed (or wanted) to. Having a degree in social work was probably the best economic thing I ever did. Every week there is at least one job posted that I'm qualified for. Really, I haven't been looking but wanted to keep my eyes peeled in case the perfect thing came along.

Ok....it came along. A job that is part time, pays a decent wage and is flexible with our homeschooling schedule. I sent my resume' off on Thursday and got a call today for an interview. How's that for the old ego? So now I'm desperately trying to figure out how I can work and homeschool without being crazy.

Lastly, but not leastly, I also was diagnosed with Lyme disease. AAAACK! I found the tell tale rash and high tailed it to the doctor. I have no symptoms other than the rash. So I'm on antibiotics and need to stay out of the sun (how do you do that in July???). My husband and son are freaked out about the whole thing while I'm not worried at all. I feel fine and am being treated in a timely manner. No worries.

Well, I'm off to get those pesky boys to bed. Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Good luck on the interview! I admire your good attitude about your diagnosis. I don't know much about Lyme disease. If they catch it early is it curable? Your last post totally inspired me to try reading some of the classics so I put a bunch on hold at the library (my Antonia is one of them). I hope I love it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...