Saturday, July 10, 2010

Belated 4th of July


I know, I know....everyone has already posted about the 4th of July. Nolan asked, "Why do we call it the 4th of July instead of Independence Day?" At which time I felt the need to dig into the book shelves and discover a little Thomas Jefferson. I think Nolan regretted his vocalization.
So we were going to head out to the park and the symphony and the fireworks. Yet we didn't. It was a very quiet sort of Independence Day (see, Nolan, I didn't call it the 4th of July). Quiet is really the way we like it. As much as we look in the paper and see all the glorious goings on around us, we really like to stay home.
So I made hamburgers and got out little umbrellas to make things festive. We sat in the yard on the quilt and let the kiddos shoot of fireworks. It was glorious. Even if I am telling you about it a bit late.

1 comment:

volpecircus said...

your celebration sounds wonderful! we went to the park one year for the symphony and fireworks and i swore i would never go again. to me there was just something very wrong with being packed so tightly into a few acre park that you were claustrophobic. there were just too many people for my taste.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...