Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankfulness

It's been quite a while since I've blogged. I found this school year to be somewhat difficult, demanding and draining. To be honest, I almost gave up. But (I always tell the boys not to start a sentence with that word.....glad they don't read my blog), I persevered. I think perseverance is a wonderful quality to cultivate. We need it in our lives so many times. So, Nolan is persevering with Latin, Nathan is persevering with Algebra and I'm persevering with it all.


I hope to write quite a few blog entries this Advent. I have a new sewing project completed for the season which I'll share soon. I love making Advent plans each year in anticipation of Christmas. It is wonderful to take the time to prepare our hearts, minds and souls for Christ. Click here for last year's plans. Keep posted for this year's.


And finally, today is Thanksgiving Day if you live in America. Our family is doing something a little different today. We're heading out to Washington D.C. to the Smithsonian. We've been in need of a little family togetherness. We spent some time with my parents and Mike's family this week so that lessens my guilt a little


Today, I'm thankful for our families, extended and nuclear. I'm thankful for cars that are paid for and work just fine even if they are ugly as sin. I'm thankful to be teaching my children and learning right along side them. For museums that are free, roads that are paved, jobs that provide paychecks, heat that warms my feet, cats that sit on my (very ample) lap, music that blesses. And. So. Much. More.


Take some time to think about your blessing today. Have a great Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

volpecircus said...

what a lovely entry. thank you. :) hope you guys had a wonderful and blessed family day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...