Tuesday, December 14, 2010

400

Posts, that is. I had no idea I was even close to 400 until I went to post today. I am an on again, off again blogger. I've thought about stopping but then I realized that I really do rely on past posts to see what we've been up to. So, I'll continue, even if my posts are few and far between.
 We've been busy around here. I suppose everyone is this time of year. My boys have had some unique opportunities this December. Nolan has been busy, busy, busy performing at a local theater as an Oompa Loompa in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I need to get some photos up soon. It is so busy and crazy at the theater that I hardly have time to think let alone organize photos. It's all that orange makeup that takes so long. The theater has been a wonderful addition not only to Nolan's school year but to my own. It has really energized me. 
 Nathan was blessed to be a foster parent for a few days. Foster parent to a kitty that is. Nathan and I volunteer at a cat adoption center once a week. We wake up early, schlep through rain and sleet and snow (and sunshine, too) before the pet store opens to clean cages, give fresh food and water and lots of love to the cats waiting for a new home. The above cat, Sally, was adopted by a family but needed a home for what was supposed to be two weeks but ended up being two days. 
Sally was a doll. Our two cats never even knew she was around. We kept her in the boys' room where she was happy as a clam. She really hated the adoption center. Miss Sally loved having her head and ears scratched and would just flop down beside you, belly to the air in contentment. She has silky smooth hair, too. I swear she didn't shed the whole time she was here. Wish our cats had that quality!


As you can see, to get a fabulous photo shoot (especially of Nathan) all I needed was to add one cat. I'll have to remember that for the future. Sally is with her new family as of yesterday. We said our goodbye's and wished her all the happiness in the world. 


Now to get the boys to clean their room....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures! Beautiful!
-Aunt MA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...