Friday, December 3, 2010

Teenager

 It's official. I'm now living in a house full of teenagers. Nolan turned 13 yesterday. It was fun to see how excited he was. Not at all teenager-boy-like. I'm glad about that.
Baking in the early morning.
He wanted to make dark chocolate chips for his friends in his writing class. He was up at 7:30 (unheard of for him without a wake up call) and in the kitchen baking. I'm beginning to think he's got a career as a chef or a baker. He's always dissecting the flavors of our food and giving critiques on the burgers and fries from local restaurants. 
Ruby Tuesdays and a few presents.
 I guess I haven't mentioned it on my blog, but Nolan is deep in rehearsals for a local theater production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. He's an Oompa Loompa. Being involved in this production has been really wonderful for him. He loves the theater and has had a ball with his character. The show opens next week so we were unable to plan a party for his 13th due to rehearsal and show schedules. He handled the disappointment very well.
A book full of trivia, just Nolan's style.

He's ready to fry some ants.

So, for his big day, we treated him to his favorite hamburger at Ruby Tuesdays. He told me that he thinks they should bottle the ketsup, mayo and burger grease mixture that makes the hamburger so tasty. I'm not sure I agree with that one but it was an interesting thought.

The Wii classic controller, finally.
 Happy 13th baby boy. I'm so happy with the young man you are turning into.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...