Friday, February 25, 2011

Kitchen Redo #2

Mike painting in the sunroom on a day that was sunny. It has been too cold in there to paint these last few days so he's taken over my sewing room.
 You would think a tiny little kitchen like mine wouldn't take long to paint. Ok, I know that everything takes a long time, especially when the rest of the house becomes a repository for the goods generally kept in the room being refinished. 
The cabinet doors are off. Only took me three hours to do it. Darn painted over hardware.
 I'm ok with that but I don't like living in a lot of mess. It's just who I am. Our house is just over 1,100 square feet and we use every blessed inch of it. That's as it should be. Why have space and not use it? That's one of the reasons we moved. We had too much space. However, it becomes cumbersome to have my sewing machine on the dinning room floor, the ironing board in the living room, fabric in both places, paint cans and cabinets in the sewing room. The sun room is full of pantry items, silverware, pots and pans.
The other side of the kitchen.
Lest you think I'm complaining, I'm not. I'm thrilled to be getting my kitchen painted. I've been wanting to brighten things up for years. I'm even more thrilled that my husband is painting and I'm not. I'm really a terrible painter and I really hate it. He's fabulous at it and very meticulous. So we're living in a bit of a mess but that's ok. It'll help me appreciate the cleanliness and orderliness when it is all over.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...