Saturday, February 19, 2011

Oscar Night Fun

The Oscar's are a week from tomorrow. Mike and I have only recently started going to see more movies. One time we even went to one movie while allowing the kids to see another movie. Wow. They are getting older! Mostly we watch our movies at home so we tend to be really behind the times when it comes to the Oscars.

Good friends from church have invited us again this year to their very fun and fabulous Oscar party. Everyone dresses up as a movie character. After perusing the movies of 2010, I took a trip to the local Goodwill to see what I could come up with. I had a hankering to make something not of this time period. I was able to find some great boots which sealed the deal to dress as Lucy from the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I was able to buy the aforementioned boots, a pair of greenish pants and a white top. 
You can see a little of the blouse in the above photo. I made the vest and the little pouch. The vest is in need of some gold accents if I want it to be a little more like the movie vest. I have to remember not to get too crazy about the details for this party but it is so much fun!
Above is a genuine leather skirt I found during my Goodwill run. I used it to make the little leather pouch. There was no way I was going to buy leather so I was pleased to find this much leather fabric for so little money. I've never sewn leather before and didn't know how well my machine needles would handle it. It actually went better than I expected. I only broke one needle. 
Now I just need to find a vial to fit into the pouch so I can heal any injuries during the party!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...