Thursday, February 10, 2011

When I'm not painting....

This is the back of the dress.
I'm sewing. The homeschool music program is putting on Jane Eyre (yes, it's a musical. I didn't know either.). I offered to help make some costumes. I'm making the Lowood school dresses. Sixteen dresses. I have 13 finished and only 3 to go. It's been fun but I'm about ready to put away the drab grey! I also have this horrible problem when working on a project. I'm so excited about it at the beginning, start in like gang busters and then about 3/4 of the way to the end I can think of nothing but my next project. 

My next project has me fairly excited. We're going to an Oscar party at the end of the month and I need to finish my costume. Most of it came from a thrift store but there are a few parts that I need to (ok...want to) make. More on that in another post.
Here are a few dresses waiting to be delivered.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Oh, I love the Oscars!! I used to dress up in a gown and host a tiny party...and perform my own song and dance during the commercials. Have fun - can't wait to see what you're making!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...