Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Sewing

I've been wanting to make the tunic from this book for some time. I wore the dress from the book the other Sunday to Mass and remembered that the tunic would be a great addition to my spring wardrobe (which is full of old t-shirts and not much else). This photo doesn't do the top justice but I'm too lazy (and cold) to put the thing on and snap a picture. The pattern calls for adding a belt around the middle but it really didn't look right so I took it off. If I make another of these (which is highly likely) I'll add something permanent below the bust to add a little flair. It would take too much ripping to add it in now so I decided that plain works for me (which is actually more my style anyway). I'd like to find a nice simple khaki straight skirt to wear this with. I guess I could make one....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...