Thursday, May 26, 2011

the Weekend never felt so Good

There's nothing like working full time to help you appreciate the weekend. I have a nice long weekend coming up. As far as I know, there is nothing planned. In fact, two of Mike's gigs have been canceled. I'm kind of glad. It lets us just be at home and be together.


We've got a few new things on the horizon. 


We joined a CSA. 

We're looking into buying only grass fed beef.


I want to make my own shampoo.


Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More NaturallyYes, you heard me, my own shampoo. Last year at the library book sale I bought a book called Homemade. If you read my blog or know me, you know that I make my own laundry detergent. I love it. It is so quick and easy and cheap. Wait, I think the proper term is inexpensive. (Exact WORDS, Greg.) Anyhoo.....in this fantastic book that I bought for $1 is a recipe for homemade shampoo among other things. Actually, there are several recipes for shampoo. The first is my husband's favorite: Beer shampoo. There's Dandruff treatment, Sun-Streaking Rinse, Chamomile Shampoo, Thick Hair conditioner for everyone (unless you have thin hair like me...) Salad Dressing conditioner, Shampoo residue Remover for Blonde hair (I'm a brunette) and Instant Dry Shampoo (it's just cornstarch). I love it. I think I'll try either the Beer shampoo or Chamomile. There may be a post in the making.
The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

Lastly, I recently bought a bit more leather to make some pouches. The leather was cheap, only $1 a piece. When I went to buy the hardware (magnetic snaps, d-rings and clips) I couldn't believe the prices! Wow. $5 for one snap. No way. I'm re-designing my bags. I hope to have some time to work on them this weekend. I have three and a half days off. 


Ok...remember when I said lastly? I lied, apparently. I'm also reading The Omnivore's Dilemma. VERY INTERESTING. There are some really evil companies and politicians out there. I guess I'm really not surprised. I just want to try to put the best food into my pie hole.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I like that you said pie hole. I have a cake hole. Hope you had a great weekend - with this heat it would be appropriate to have an Italian ice hole!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...