Friday, June 3, 2011

Creativity

I'm calling this one the crooked + quilt
If you are anything like me, there is a time of the day when you feel fresher. For many people that time is late at night. For some, they have a lot of energy right after getting home from work (who are those people??).


For me, I have the most get up and go in the morning. I am lucky enough to work 8-4 everyday so that I am home soon after the school bus drops the kiddos off. Since I am a morning person, I am happy to get to work and be productive from 8-1. I am also lucky enough to be able to come home for lunch. What this means is that my more sluggish time at work is only two hours before I get to come home again. I do feel very fortunate.


Why am I telling you all of this? Well, because of two friends, to be honest. One friend also works full time and laments about her lack of creative outlet due to having less time. The other is a full time mother and homeschooler and has just opened a little stand at a local artisan warehouse. She asked if I was quilting and I had to say no.


I've been thinking a lot about time and how to spend it. Obviously, I don't have as much free time as I used to. That being said, I do have free time. Since I'm usually up at 5 or 5:30 a.m. and feel motivated and awake then (and the house is much cooler) it makes sense that I spend 30-60 minutes being creative. 


So this morning I went into the sewing room and started a new quilt. I would like to sew without buying much. There are many things I want to accomplish and not all of them involve sewing so it makes sense to use up my stash right now. When my fabric stash is lower (that won't be for awhile) I will feel freer to concentrate on some other projects.


So thank you Amy and Connie for motivating me and getting my early morning rear end into the sewing room!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...